Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Challenge to Jon Stewart, Where Oh Where Have Your Matzo Balls Gone?

Usually, Jon Stewart and I are on the same page when it comes to our political views; however, we seem to be splitting apart regarding the aftermath of the Arizona shootings. On a recent show he criticized inflammatory rhetoric, again. Somehow Jon believes every time someone compares anyone to the Nazis it is wrong. In the words of Steve Martin, “WELL EXCUSE ME!” My last political blog accused the violence being conducted by the Tea Party movement as likened to the violent behavior of the Brown Shirts of Nazi Germany, and I compared the Republican Party to the Nazi Party. My whole point was the Nazi party of Germany used the Brown Shirts as thugs to commit vicious acts against the Jews, but what I failed to mention is they were, also, used against political adversaries. Although affiliated with the Nazi Party, the Nazis made sure they could deny direct control over the acts the Brown Shirts committed. People accepted it even though common sense said the Nazis condoned their actions until it was too late for anyone to stop the Nazis or the Brown Shirts. Does this sound familiar, Jon? I challenge you to say there isn’t a historical parallel.
Admittedly, I didn’t write the blog to be inflammatory. I wrote it because I believe we must study history as to not repeat mistakes. It seems to me there is an obvious parallel between the actions of the paraRepublican independent Tea Party and the paramilitary independent Brown Shirts, and the true seditious rhetoric coming from Republicans over the entire 2010 election year and the Nazis speeches during the period of Kristalllnacht or the Night of Broken Glass. See the video link from March 2010 about national Tea Party violence incited by several GOP officials http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nr-0088ZLno .  Violence continued in several states all through 2010 by various members of the Tea Party in several states including the Commonwealth of Kentucky where a woman was pushed to the ground and her head stomped, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txU55iFG9UA&NR=1 . I used the incident in Kentucky only because I live in Kentucky, and I abhorred the violence. Please Jon, I challenge you to watch the videos, and you can explain to us all how you do not see any historical parallels.
Indeed, many of us can see the similarities, and we don’t want to make the mistake of being passive until it is too late. The time to call them out on their actions, like President Ronald Reagan called out General Secretary of the Communist Party Mikhail Gorbachev, is now. President Reagan didn’t worry about making his rhetoric too tough for the last head of state for the USSR. He flat out called them the “Evil Empire” and stood up to them ending the Cold War. Americans need to stand up right now and demand and end to the Tea Party violence starting with the Tea Party themselves. I said they should take back their party from the perpetrators before trying to take back America because I believe it is time to end the Cold War going on in Washington, D.C., between the Democrats and the Republicans. I happen to agree with the Tea Party idea of taking back our government from lobbyists. I’m not sure we agree on which lobbyists, but I’m calling it like I see it which means I’ve big enough testes to do just that. Speaking of mucho grande cojones, a tip of the hat goes to Michael Moore for not being afraid to mince words. He put the spot light on the provocative web pages and Republican speeches immediately. Do you still have a pair Jon? Where oh where have your matzo balls gone? Your only defense is to claim you don’t see any historical precedence for standing up now.
Undoubtedly, you’re saying tone it down to the wrong people. You keep demonizing everyone bringing up comparisons to Nazis. Could it be the fact that one of Jared Lee Loughner’s favorite books was Mein Kampf by Adolf Hitler? Yes, I admit making a Sarah Palin joke saying she was a female version of Hitler, but I later explained she was going to take a political hit for the Arizona attack despite the fact several other Republican leaders can be seen on the above video using much more threatening language. After watching her “blood libel” speech, I was upset with Palin. Why should we treat this latest act of violence like a single act of a lunatic? It’s not, and we should call the Republicans/Tea Party out for their horrific behavior caught on video or proudly presented on web pages. I agree we all need to tone down our political rhetoric on the Republican side, but where, Jon, is the inciting rhetoric from the Democratic side? Truth is I could no longer stomach the way the Republican Party was acting and switched my voter status to Independent.
But then again Jon, you are acting like you are going to run for office on the Tea Party ticket. I realize the Tea Party movement is popular, and I think I made it clear I believe prone to terroristic behavior if you politically disagree with them. Are our elected officials to tremble in fear of them and do what they want instead of the people who elected them want? What next suspend our civil rights because we’re afraid of being targeted by the mob? We should all be standing up in this country for our government to quit supporting countries that have slaves and other human rights violations. Julian Assange is not even an American, but he is trying to make a difference. How can anyone disagree with the positive impact Wikileaks had in Tunisia? Now, Tunisia hates us because our government knew about the excesses of their dictator and did nothing but good business with him. We need to start thinking about all humanity not just playing dumb and letting things go by passively. Seriously Jon, grow a pair.

No comments:

Post a Comment